• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chalicki

What is the name of your state? PA I am probating my Mother's Estate. She co-owned a house with a friend. She left her half of the house to her friend as a life estate for as long as he wants to live in the house and then her half reverts to my sisters and me. My question is: Do I need to transfer the title now to put our names on it with his or complete any other form re the house before I can close the Estate? I already paid all the probate fees, taxes, etc. Thanks, C.What is the name of your state? PA

lwpat

Do I need to transfer the title now to put our names on it with his
Yes, and you need an attorney to do it to be sure everything is correct. Have the attorney explain to everyone the rights and responsibilities of the parties so there is no confusion as to who pays what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">