• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate: beneficiary vs Heir

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccazanave

What is the name of your state? Conn.
I was told I have nothing coming because I am not a beneficiary but only an Heir?

BlondiePB

ccazanave said:
What is the name of your state? Conn.
I was told I have nothing coming because I am not a beneficiary but only an Heir?
Is this a will or life insurance policy? If you are not named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or other type of account that is payable on death, you will not receive any of those monies. If this is regarding being named a beneficiary/heir of an estate in a will of a deceased, stop listening to that idiot. And, get a copy of the will at the courthouse.

ccazanave

Will an Heir vs Beneficiary

It is for a Will!
A million thanks to you.
They are in the very early stages where the judge is just starting Probate.
I think that is when he accepts who will be in control of dividing out the stuff?

BlondiePB

I think that is when he accepts who will be in control of dividing out the stuff?
Correct. You are welcome a million. You can keep "tabs" on the probate by periodically going to the courthouse and viewing the file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">