• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Bond Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thealist

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am insurance agent in Ohio. Client came to me in 09/2004 for guadianship probate bond and the bond was approved over the phone by the surety company. Client sumbitted bond to court and when submitted to surety company they denied the bond based on our agency did not have the authority to write the specific bond amount. I was the sales manager for the company, and only the president was licensed to write the bonds, but for years he left a rubber stamp of his signature in the office to use for certain documents like bonds. This time he told me to just sign his name, because the rubber stamp was not in the office anymore. I quit this position in 04/05 because I was not being paid as agreed, and now collecting unemployment. Now he is saying I forged his name without his knowledge. I had nothing to gain out of the situation? Can i be held personally liable, what can happen?? I am moving out of the state in less then 90 days. Please give advice!!

BlondiePB

thealist said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am insurance agent in Ohio. Client came to me in 09/2004 for guadianship probate bond and the bond was approved over the phone by the surety company. Client sumbitted bond to court and when submitted to surety company they denied the bond based on our agency did not have the authority to write the specific bond amount. I was the sales manager for the company, and only the president was licensed to write the bonds, but for years he left a rubber stamp of his signature in the office to use for certain documents like bonds. This time he told me to just sign his name, because the rubber stamp was not in the office anymore. I quit this position in 04/05 because I was not being paid as agreed, and now collecting unemployment. Now he is saying I forged his name without his knowledge. I had nothing to gain out of the situation? Can i be held personally liable, what can happen?? I am moving out of the state in less then 90 days. Please give advice!!
You need to speak with and hire a very good attorney, like yesterday!

thealist

Update

The probate court has stricken this document from the case. What else can they do? Or is this the end of it?

thealist

Update

Now the department of insurance wants to have a license hearing on this matter, BLONDIE are you an attorney who can handle such a case? I need representation to go to Columbus, OH with me. Please advise, I do not want to lose my license. thanks!

BlondiePB

thealist said:
Now the department of insurance wants to have a license hearing on this matter, BLONDIE are you an attorney who can handle such a case? I need representation to go to Columbus, OH with me. Please advise, I do not want to lose my license. thanks!
You require an attorney pronto. Start making phone calls. I am not an attorney, but know that you are in a heap of trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">