• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auntdollie

What is the name of your state? michigan

My aunts estranged husband died. She has two adult children that are his heirs. They asked her to petition the court to become the personal representative for them. He owned a home and a car; he had no will. She was still legally married to him. I have forms PC 559 Petition;565 Testimony of Interested Persons, 571 Acceptance of Appointment and 561 Waiver/Consent. Question: on form 571 - should she put 90 days from the date of her appointment in #3? Also, since he was not remarried, nor did he have other kids, is this all that she needs to do? How long will it take for her to become the personal rep after the petition is filed with the court?

divgradcurl

auntdollie said:
What is the name of your state? michigan

My aunts estranged husband died. She has two adult children that are his heirs. They asked her to petition the court to become the personal representative for them. He owned a home and a car; he had no will. She was still legally married to him. I have forms PC 559 Petition;565 Testimony of Interested Persons, 571 Acceptance of Appointment and 561 Waiver/Consent. Question: on form 571 - should she put 90 days from the date of her appointment in #3? Also, since he was not remarried, nor did he have other kids, is this all that she needs to do? How long will it take for her to become the personal rep after the petition is filed with the court?
These are very specific questions dealing with state and local laws and procedures -- unless someone has gone through the process in the same county as you are, it's unlikely anyone here will be able to competantly advise you. Contact the court clerk in the county in which you are filing -- that woudl be the best source of precise information for your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">