• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate with will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alakrant

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

My mother died and left me as sole beneficiary in her will. Is probate needed in this case? Her lawyer told me it was, but I don't know if it is just that he wants money or not. I don't see why it is needed if she had no debts and left a will. I have one brother who wasn't mentioned in the will and wouldn't contest it anyway. The property in the will is a house and an old car. If probate is needed to I really have to have a lawyer?

alakrant said:
What is the name of your state? Wyoming

The property in the will is a house and an old car. If probate is needed to I really have to have a lawyer?

My response:

Without Probate orders from the court, how do you plan on getting the titles to both the car and the house in your name?

Do you know anything about law, and Probate in particular?

IAAL

alakrant

ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Without Probate orders from the court, how do you plan on getting the titles to both the car and the house in your name?

IAAL
That was the question.
Didn't need my question answered with a question, need it answered with an answer.

alakrant

ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL
I took business law in college, but it doesn't cover this sort of thing. What do you know about the law?

justalayman

alakrant said:
That was the question.
Didn't need my question answered with a question, need it answered with an answer.
The other poster answered you questions albeit with a question.

Simply put, you need to probate the estate so you can get the titles to property put into your name. The part with the attorney; if you need to ask this type of question, you need an attorney to be sure things are done correctly.

While an attorney is not a requirement, unless you know what you are doing, it is a good idea to have somebody that knows what they are doing to make sure all the ducks remain lined up.

sidenote to IAAL: Nice to see you back at your best. Don't know what the disagreement was and don't really care. Just glad to see you sharing your legal education and wisdom with us.

justalayman said:
sidenote to IAAL: Nice to see you back at your best. Don't know what the disagreement was and don't really care. Just glad to see you sharing your legal education and wisdom with us.

My response:

Thank you.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

alakrant

ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Thank you.

IAAL

Thank you justalayman for answering the question. I think he knows as much about law as my unborn grandchild. Just a mouth.

alakrant said:
Thank you justalayman for answering the question. I think he knows as much about law as my unborn grandchild. Just a mouth.

My response:

What is wrong with you? Are you a mental defective?

IAAL

alakrant said:
All I did was ask a simple question and end up with a person who clearly has issues. Flame on guy.
People like you should be banned from forums.
You waste other's time.
You are the one should be behind a fence being tended.
Go ahead and flame moron, I'm done with you psycho.
My response:

Yes, it's obvious. You are a mental defective.

Any third grader could have figured out, and responded to, "Without Probate orders from the court, how do you plan on getting the titles to both the car and the house in your name?" You'll notice that had you answered MY question, you would have had the answer to YOUR question.

But, you didn't answer. That's because you're a mental defective.

You are now dismissed.

IAAL

Never Thought I'd See The Day

alakrant said:
All I did was ask a simple question and end up with a person who clearly has issues. Flame on guy.
You waste other's time.
I have to agree with IAAL. You are truly mentally defective.

justalayman

alakrant said:
Yes it is. You are an idiot. Fire up all you want.

Thank you justalayman for answering the question without being an ass like the other guy. I think he knows as much about law as my unborn grandchild. Just a mouth.
I realize you are new to this forum. The comments between ALWAYS LIABLE and myself were meant to be just that. It involves a situation that I would assume you are not aware of and really makes no difference.

Just so you are aware, of the two posters to respond to your post, the other guy is the one that is the one that has gone to school to know what he is talking about. My "tag" is what I am in regards to this forum. I attempt to learn here and help where I can, often merely echoing what I have learned from it being previously posted in response to others queries.

The other guy is one of those who's answers I would believe and trust . While he may be brash, he is right.

So if you do stick around the forum, you would do well to learn who is who and pay some respect to those who voluntarily give of themselves here for free that which they get paid for in their everyday lives. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, especially if you are dining for free.

Goddess Vicky
Member Join Date: Jun 2005

Never Thought I'd See The Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakrant
You waste other's time.

I have to agree with IAAL. You are truly mentally defective.

My response:

I had to do a "spit take." Do my eyes deceive me? :eek:

IAAL

Goddess Vicky
Member Join Date: Jun 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS LIABLE
My response:

I had to do a "spit take." Do my eyes deceive me?

IAAL

I have no problem with you behaving yourself and giving correct legal advice to posters. This OP is a complete moron.

My response:

So, you've taken on the role of "Behavior Police"? How nice of you!

But, unlike myself, and since you have absolutely no legal training, how would you know what's "correct" or not? A "feeling"?

Yes, the OP is a moron. But, again, you're very well versed in the "Behavior" sciences, so it's expected that you'd be able to pick up on that. But, the law?

Thanks for giving me the words to choke on!

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">