• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probating a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Susan9608

What is the name of your state? Texas

My mother in law recently passed away. She was not married, and had only one son (my husband.) She left a will, naming my husband as the sole heir for all of her assets.

We need/want to probate her will, but we aren't sure how to do so. Or even if it's really necessary to do that.

The Dallas county clerk's websites states that they do not provide the forms necessary to probate a will, and that they recommend obtaining legal advice.

My questions are there: in Dallas, can you probate a will by yourself or do you have to have an attorney do it for you? If you can do it yourself, where do you obtain the forms? I've been looking for answers on line but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">