• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with exectutor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ddpgfp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
Six years ago my father-in-law passed away. My wife's sister was named in the will as the executor. After dragging her feet for six years she finally sold the home for a modest sum. This was six months ago and no funds have been distributed. Every time she is asked about the disbursement she uses excuses as to why she is not fulfilling her duty to her parents and siblings. Both my wife and I have had enough. The home is located in California and we live in Washington. What can we do?

anteater

If probate is occurring in California, then check with the Superior Court in the county in which father-in-law resided.

Ddpgfp

Thank you for the information. We like to think of ourselves as intelligent people (not in evidence by the spelling of executor in the thread title), I guess we are just so confused by her behavior. Again, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">