• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Processing estate after Probate time frame expired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lemainer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TN

My wife passed away May 10, 2005. Her will was filed to probate on July 13, 2005. We were told it would have to sit in Probate for 4 months. The week of Nov 13, 2005 I filled out the paper work required to enable the executor of the will to process the estate in accordance with said will.

My questions are HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE to get this finalized with the Probate court so the estate can be processed, and what does it take to get the Probate court to release this estate?

Thanks,
lemainer

seniorjudge

Contact the executor and say, "My questions are HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE to get this finalized with the Probate court so the estate can be processed, and what does it take to get the Probate court to release this estate?"

seniorjudge

lemainer said:
I left 3 messages in the last 5 days and have not gotten a reply yet.
Camp out in the executor's office and say, "My questions are HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE to get this finalized with the Probate court so the estate can be processed, and what does it take to get the Probate court to release this estate?"

Dandy Don

It could take 4 months or it could be sooner than that or longer that. It's hard to predict exactly what will happen, since a lot depends on whether there are a lot of probate cases to be heard in your county and whether the assets of your estate are simple (easy to be cashed in) or complex (real estate, stocks, bonds, etc.).

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">