• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proper way to sign a poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimellison

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am the legal "agent" for my terminally ill wife with a Durable POA which has been recorded in the local courts. My question is, when I sign something in her behalf, do I sign my (name) POA for her (name). I don't feel confortable signing her name as I am not her. No one has ever explained this to me. I know as my mothers POA to her estate, I sign it my (name) POA for her (name) and it has work for everything so far. Right now I'm having problems with Quicken Loans in refianancing my house in this matter.

Thanks

BlondiePB

jimellison said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am the legal "agent" for my terminally ill wife with a Durable POA which has been recorded in the local courts. My question is, when I sign something in her behalf, do I sign my (name) POA for her (name). I don't feel confortable signing her name as I am not her. No one has ever explained this to me. I know as my mothers POA to her estate, I sign it my (name) POA for her (name) and it has work for everything so far. Right now I'm having problems with Quicken Loans in refianancing my house in this matter.

Thanks
You are signing correctly. Third parties do not have to accept the POA. Refinance the house in your name only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">