• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property transfers of convenience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frogeggs

What is the name of your state?NY

I am one of the seven named beneficiaries of my grandmother's estate.

I have learned, from a disinterested third-party, that the property in question was re-titled as a matter of convenience to my grandmother in order have another person co-manage her finances during my grandmother's period of failing health.

Question:

Whom do I inform of this fact? And what legal remedy may I seek should the current owner (co-manager) refuses to relinquish interest in the property?

Txs.

S

seniorjudge

Frogeggs said:
What is the name of your state?NY

I am one of the seven named beneficiaries of my grandmother's estate.

I have learned, from a disinterested third-party, that the property in question was re-titled as a matter of convenience to my grandmother in order have another person co-manage her finances during my grandmother's period of failing health.

Question:

Whom do I inform of this fact? And what legal remedy may I seek should the current owner (co-manager) refuses to relinquish interest in the property?

Txs.

What evidence do you have of this?

Frogeggs

State NY

An affidavit of a close friend of family (CFF).

Grandma and CFF discussed matters of science, law, politics during their 20+ years acquittance. Their exchanges were lively, informative and always cordial.

It appears that sometime in 2000 Grandma showed him her will and CFF asked if the Will's bequests could be fulfilled at the time of her death. Grandma affirm the ability to fund the bequests and added that her only daughter would see to bequest.

CFF, understanding the probate court not a daughter sees to the bequests, asked her clarify and that's when Grandma said her daughter and her dughter's attorney thought joint ownership would be a good idea. EOM

S

seniorjudge

Frogeggs said:
State NY

An affidavit of a close friend of family (CFF).

Grandma and CFF discussed matters of science, law, politics during their 20+ years acquittance. Their exchanges were lively, informative and always cordial.

It appears that sometime in 2000 Grandma showed him her will and CFF asked if the Will's bequests could be fulfilled at the time of her death. Grandma affirm the ability to fund the bequests and added that her only daughter would see to bequest.

CFF, understanding the probate court not a daughter sees to the bequests, asked her clarify and that's when Grandma said her daughter and her dughter's attorney thought joint ownership would be a good idea. EOM

So, the people who want to keep the property re-titled have legal documents showing grandma signed to have the property re-titled and you have an affidavit full of hearsay.

Would you care to guess how a court would rule on which of these two pieces of evidence is more credible, relevant, and material?

Frogeggs

Point taken.

Is there any subtle way in which I can expose my mothers despicable activities in this matter to other siblings?

Txs.

S

seniorjudge

Frogeggs said:
Point taken.

Is there any subtle way in which I can expose my mothers despicable activities in this matter to other siblings?

Txs.
I have never mastered the art of subtlety...as you can probably tell...so I couldn't do you much good here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">