• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quickest and enexpensive way to get real property changed over in order to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Churchman

My question regards several real properties that were handed down willed to relatives who never changed the title deed over to the current owner. Property 1 Owner is relative A Aunt Frankie Property 1 was willed to relative B Aunt Mary Title deed was never changed. Property 2 Owner is relative B Aunt Mary Relative B Aunt Mary willed her property 2 along with property 1 to relative C my father Property 3 Owner is relative C my father. Property 2 we were able to sale by doing an heirship affidavit. We were able to also sale property 3 because of probated will. The problem is Property 1 Owner is relative Aunt Frankie and her spouse Willie died before her. We were told to do an heirship affidavit on her spouse Willie but the problem is we can not find any living relative or friends that are still alive that know Frankie or Willie. What would be the next step legally that we can do as well as affordable as the property has back taxes due and we need to sell before a lein is placed on it.

Just Blue

My question regards several real properties that were handed down willed to relatives who never changed the title deed over to the current owner. Property 1 Owner is relative A Aunt Frankie Property 1 was willed to relative B Aunt Mary Title deed was never changed. Property 2 Owner is relative B Aunt Mary Relative B Aunt Mary willed her property 2 along with property 1 to relative C my father Property 3 Owner is relative C my father. Property 2 we were able to sale by doing an heirship affidavit. We were able to also sale property 3 because of probated will. The problem is Property 1 Owner is relative Aunt Frankie and her spouse Willie died before her. We were told to do an heirship affidavit on her spouse Willie but the problem is we can not find any living relative or friends that are still alive that know Frankie or Willie. What would be the next step legally that we can do as well as affordable as the property has back taxes due and we need to sell before a lein is placed on it.
US Law Only. What is the name of your State?

justalayman

And presuming you are somewhere in the US.

wills must be presented to probate to be enforceable. Without probate, a will is worth nothing.

If title was not transferred within probate because there was no probate, then there needs to be a probate action for the estate. Property does not transfer simply because it was written in a will. Not only does the will have to be validated, the debts of the estate must be paid before it can be determined whether the property is available to be gifted to a devisee.

An heirship affidavit is meaningless is there is a will that concerns real property.

Your post is very confusing. You jump around in addressing various properties but it sounds like there is only one you need to deal with. If so, speak to that property only. was the will addressing it (Aunt Frankie's) ever been through probate?

LdiJ

If you do not have an attorney involved, its time to get one. It sounds like there is a real mess to straighten out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">