• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mystrysslyn

What is the name of your state? Fl.
My sister sent me some paperwork after my mother died saying Mom had quit-claimed the deed to her house to her for $10. Property tax records show sister as the trustee, not the owner. Any idea as to what is going on? Thanks.

mystrysslyn

Poor Trust, Poor Me!

Yes, it was set up poorly, but does it have any legal backbone. Sis also said she had Mom cut me out of her will, and provided more "bogus" paperwork. She can't seem to sell the house, which still sits abandoned at around $450,000. I am trying to find a way to get this all settled. Any help would be appreciated.

tranquility

Yes, she has a problem. Because of the titling, it is unclear what is happening and what trust she represents as the "owner" of the property. It would make transfer difficult and might require suit to quiet title. You don't have a problem unless you are named in the trust documents. I see no reason why the quit claim is no good--absent other facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">