• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reposessio problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fredxday

MICHIGAN (only U.S. law)?

i got my mail this saturday, my car was still out side.

fell asleep woke up at 7, dilly dally around the house cleaning and a friend stops by and askes "whers your car dude?"

(police notified me of the reposession when I tried to report stolen)

recieved no letters, notifications or even a knock on the door.

I have the only keys, so obviously was taken on flat bed truck

now heres my question/story

my mom recently passed away, and the only car we had after I sold my waggon,, was a jeep grand cherokee limited.

she passed in april, my aunt was left as executor of estate and POA.

we are currently in probate. life insurance has already been devided, estate was left to me. now all my mom really had was our jeep, and the house but is going through probate to negotiate the loan to 1/4 of remaining cost. jeep is supposed to be covered by loan insurance for accidental death

my aunt has kept on payments and bank not only has copies of death certificate but also has cops of my aunts executor of estate to freeze all estate meaning home and car.

bank had my ONLY CAR repo

im currently unemployed and cant find a job in my area with no money or transport, now they have my car taken from me. the car is in her name, not mine but im on insurance so im legal to drive it.

my question to this is, can i take any kind of legal action twords then reposessing FROZEN PROPERTY AND ESTATE that is CURRENTLY in probate, from what ive "heard" is they CANNOT touch anything in probate or frozen property like this.. with bank FULLY aware of situation on computers.

can any one help me?

ladybg1

I'm not sure where you got that info, but being part of an estate does not mean the payments are not still due. If there was an accidental death clause on her auto insurance, did anyone notify that insurance compnay & file for that insurance? If so--why wasn't that money used to pay for the car? You probably need to check on the house also. The banks & loan companies do not have to sit on their thumbs while probate is being processed. It is the executor's job to use the estate money to keep the bills current.

fredxday

did you even read what I wrote? I said my aunt has been making the payments.
you make everything sound so easy though I love it

but we JUST GOT executor of estate paperwork, and right now we dont even have everything we need. wels fargo wouldnt tell us a balance or allow payments for third parties with out the proper paper work.

I ALSO did mention that the bank the loan was through had been contacted and was notified of the situation and its why I asking these questions about taking legal actions because the loan insurance should have been done atleast a month ago.

were still waiting on paperwork to even make payments to any of her accounts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">