• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights as a beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

timandtracy

What is the name of your state?missouri---- I have three children,ages:19,14,and13. Their great-grandmother passed away 2 years ago.They each have a trust set up for them until they reach the age of 21 or25? The executer recently called my eldest and told her he was selling her share of some stock because he was afraid she would end up with nothing,if he didn't.She was handed @$3-$4,000.My question is:as their parent or just for my children to know,what rights do we have as far as knowing what amount is in their trustfunds? The executer will not so much as give us a estimate.I'm thinking I should have some kind of figure or else he could hand them any amount of money and say thats all.(example.$3,000 for the stock,I wouldn't know,it could have been more?)I don't know our rights. HELP!

BlondiePB

timandtracy said:
What is the name of your state?missouri---- I have three children,ages:19,14,and13. Their great-grandmother passed away 2 years ago.They each have a trust set up for them until they reach the age of 21 or25? The executer recently called my eldest and told her he was selling her share of some stock because he was afraid she would end up with nothing,if he didn't.She was handed @$3-$4,000.My question is:as their parent or just for my children to know,what rights do we have as far as knowing what amount is in their trustfunds? The executer will not so much as give us a estimate.I'm thinking I should have some kind of figure or else he could hand them any amount of money and say thats all.(example.$3,000 for the stock,I wouldn't know,it could have been more?)I don't know our rights. HELP!
Consult with a trust attorney. As the natural legal guardian of your children, you have the right to have an annual accounting for your children's trust funds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">