• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights of heirs in settling an estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccglover

IllinoisWhat is the name of your state? Illinois
I am an heir of my father's estate that is currently being reviewed by the court. Do I have a right to represent myself? How? Do I petition the court to confirm this? I think my interests are being ignored and this process is being unnecissarily drawn out.

Are you the only heir? Are you the Executor of the estate? Was there a will? How large is the estate? To many questions to know if it is taking to long.

How long has it been, have the creditors been paid yet, assets sold and on and on?

I know in it is not uncommon for it to take years, depending on all the circumstances of course.

Dandy Don

Explain what you mean by your interests being ignored. The executor has the right to manage the estate without interference from anyone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">