• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale of Property in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ns_hog

What is the name of your state? South Caroliina

I am PR for my mother. She has a house in Texas but lived in South Carolina when she past. Her will is probated in SC. What do I have to do to sell a house and lot in Texas that she owned? The house is deeded to her and my deceased step-father. There is no lien on the property. My step-father past about 15 years ago.

seniorjudge

ns_hog said:
What is the name of your state? South Caroliina

I am PR for my mother. She has a house in Texas but lived in South Carolina when she past. Her will is probated in SC. What do I have to do to sell a house and lot in Texas that she owned? The house is deeded to her and my deceased step-father. There is no lien on the property. My step-father past about 15 years ago.
You will probably have to start an ancillary proceeding in Texas. That means the main probate is in South Carolina but the Texas courts will have to be involved to make sure that you can pass clear title to the land in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">