• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Savings/Trust Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chapoodle

What is the name of your state? CA
My father died in 2003 and left me a Savings account book from Bank of America that was opened in 1949 with a balance of $10. I am wondering if this account would still have to be honored by B of A and if I would be able to collect it without a Will?

pojo2

Doubtful if the account wasnot used over the years. Usually at some point one is ask to clear up such and account or it will be closed then the state gets the funds. But Ca. is a different land sometimes so stay tuned. Here it would already have been long gone.

I'd be interested if you found anything from that period. Let us know if you would. I found bits of money for many people I knew and with interest it can add up to who knows what. Basically, it's money that belongs to someone but the state of CA has to hold onto it so it just sits there. Go for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">