• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling a home in probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDee123

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I am handling the probate process myself without a lawyer as it is a simple estate, and I have just been appointed executor of my father's estate with Full Administration....can I go ahead and sell my father's estate, or do I have to get court permission? And if I can go ahead and sell the estate, do I have to provide the court with a *notice of proposed action* form?

Thank you :)

S

seniorjudge

Q: I am handling the probate process myself without a lawyer as it is a simple estate, and I have just been appointed executor of my father's estate with Full Administration....can I go ahead and sell my father's estate, or do I have to get court permission?

A: I suspect that since no lawyer is involved, you will need court permission to make the sale before you make the sale and will then have to report the sale after you make it.

Q: And if I can go ahead and sell the estate, do I have to provide the court with a *notice of proposed action* form?

A: Generally, the executor must tell the court what he plans to do and then report again when it is done, especially when it comes to real estate transactions.

If for no other reason, you should get court approval before and after so no one can complain about what you did.

Perhaps you should ask the court clerk these questions.

I know nothing about probate law in CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">