• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should we hire an attorney vs. doing it ourselves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topninny

Washington (state father died in) CA (residence of siblings)

My father passed away last week. My sister and I are not able to find a will. He owned property and several assets (boats, 5th wheel, and several bank accounts). The credit union was willing to release funds to us after 40 days but the bank would not until someone is named executor. My sister and I live in CA. Do we need to hire an attorney in WA to send the estate into probate or is it something we can do ourselves. How many approx. hours would an attorney charge? We want to keep the property and have agreed to sell all other assets.

Dandy Don

Contact several Washington probate attorneys in the same city as to where the county courthouse probate court is located, and inquire as to what the legal fee for executor is and ask them to cite the specific state law that mentions what the fee is.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">