• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

siblings gone wild, whats a mom to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strklybiznes

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My mom has 4 siblings. She has been and currently lives in a father/son built home. There is no mortgage on the home, it is owned free and clear. The parents died without a will. Her 4 siblings have their own home in others cities and or states. My mom has been paying property taxes alone for the past 13 years. The payments are in my mom's children names.

Now, my mom wants to fix up the house. Should she with her own cash money or with a mortgage loan? Also, since the taxes have been paid in her children's name...should she or does she have to right to place a fix-up loan on the home?

The concern is, if God were to call my mom home, her siblings would be re-active to sell the home. My mom wishes would be to ensure the home went to her son's as an inheritance.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

strklybiznes said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My mom has 4 siblings. She has been and currently lives in a father/son built home. There is no mortgage on the home, it is owned free and clear. The parents died without a will. Her 4 siblings have their own home in others cities and or states. My mom has been paying property taxes alone for the past 13 years. The payments are in my mom's children names.

Now, my mom wants to fix up the house. Should she with her own cash money or with a mortgage loan? Also, since the taxes have been paid in her children's name...should she or does she have to right to place a fix-up loan on the home?

The concern is, if God were to call my mom home, her siblings would be re-active to sell the home. My mom wishes would be to ensure the home went to her son's as an inheritance.What is the name of your state?

Before your mom pays another cent, she needs to have a title report run on the place to find out exactly who owns it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">