• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sister lying about fathers estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vicki1229

What is the name of your state? ca.
sister is in charge of dads estate and refuses to talk to me about the status of home, and property, and has not paid storage units with vintage cars. our mother who has been divorced from our father for over 20 years paid up the storage units and now has cars.
we have also heard she is letting home go back to the bank with over $80,000.00 equity.
i have e-mailed her and ask here about these things, her ansewer was no comment. what do i do now?

anteater

What is the name of your state? ca.
sister is in charge of dads estate.....
That is pretty vague. Is there a will? Is there a trust? Has the will been probated? Has she been appointed as the personal representative by the court? If a trust, is she the trustee?

vicki1229

siter lying about dads estate

thank you so much for your reply!!!
yes there was a very simple will equal shares of estate to 4 kids
yes its in probate..i dont know what stage it is in
yes she was appointed exutor with no bond

lwpat

You need to contact the court and get a copy of the file. They will mail it to you for a small fee. If she is not performing her duties you can go to court to ask that a new executor be appointed.

vicki1229

sister lying

thank you so much for replying
i dont have money to hire atty..what do i look for in probate file?
even thought the real estate market is slow can she take the house off the market and rent it? does she have to give me that info? i have so many questions...

Dandy Don

Are you living in the same city or county or near where the estate is being probated?

You need to at least CONSULT with a probate attorney to find out your best options. How much would the home sell for if it was sold? If there are other beneficiaries besides you you all can force the sale of the home to share in the proceeds. She is negligent in not even mailing you a copy of the will or at least notifying you about it, as most states require executors to do this.

Who gets the vintage cars? You are making a mistake by not consulting an attorney about this.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

vicki1229

i live in the same county. 3 other kids all in same county. we all received all the papers including dads will when she filed 4months after dads death. we have not received any more from her or the court. the house was for sale but we heard she is renting it because the market is down...does she have to keep it on the market while renting? she has also told someone she could;nt make the payment ($600.00) and if the house doesnt sell by the end of this month she was going to let the house go back to the bank. i know there is alot going on. i dont have much money cuz i took alot of time off work when my dad was ill.
will attys take payment from my share of estate?
thank you so much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">