• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sister not following the will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heidirol

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Hawaii
My mother passed away two months ago and my older sister was named Executor in the will. My mothers will was pretty simple, my two sisters would split her jewelery and all of the other personal effects were left to me. We were all three left the house and had to agree between us whether to sell, etc.. If we did then we would split the money. My mother lived in Hawaii, my siblings and I live in WA state. The house needs to have some work done to it and I did alot of it when I was there for the funeral. She needs a new roof desperately,I am a roofer by trade and I was supposed to come and do it before she passed away.Now I have found out through my other sister that she has hired another company to do the roof and that I am not allowed to come over to Hawaii.She decided on her own that she was selling the house and now her and her husband are traveling there to paint etc..The will explicitely states that we all have to make the decision on the house. She has also taken various things from the house and according to the will all of my mothers personal effects are mine. Can she do this and what are my recourses. I should explain that she is mad at me for something else that happened long ago and entirely unrelated to this issue. Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">