• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slow attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catipper

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

The court clerk has told me that after 150 days from the time of filing of the will I can start to distribute some of the money to the heirs as long as I leave money for xtra costs at the end. Is that true in CT probate laws? Thank You

Dandy Don

Court clerks don't always know the law. How much is this estate worth? You need to be hiring a local attorney, just for consultation, to make sure you handle this estate correctly. Or if you are not business savvy, let the attorney handle the estate as official executor.

BlondiePB

catipper said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

The court clerk has told me that after 150 days from the time of filing of the will I can start to distribute some of the money to the heirs as long as I leave money for xtra costs at the end. Is that true in CT probate laws? Thank You
OMG, did your mom pass?

catipper

Yes she passed at the end of 2005 and it was a blessing as she suffered terrible at the end.

Now we have an attorney who is very bad at this job (our mistake for listening to him) and so far most of the work for the court has been done by my wife and the court clerk but now we are at a stand still as the attorney is saying that he is too busy with other court cases and will try and get to filing the estate financial report, which was done by my wife and is ready to go then we have to go on to the final accounting too and since no one is in any disagreement with the way the will is set up we have been told that the attonrey could move on much faster, in fact the judge told him to wrap it up within a month and it has been 4 months since then. We do know we can fire the attorney but since we have my disabled sister to care for we are not sure if we want to start from step one again altho my disabled sisters attorney said he could do it for us if we need it done. I guess we will figure it out soon as when I have had enough I will do whatever is necessary to get things done. Thanks for your inquire for mom.

BlondiePB

catipper said:
Yes she passed at the end of 2005 and it was a blessing as she suffered terrible at the end.

Now we have an attorney who is very bad at this job (our mistake for listening to him) and so far most of the work for the court has been done by my wife and the court clerk but now we are at a stand still as the attorney is saying that he is too busy with other court cases and will try and get to filing the estate financial report, which was done by my wife and is ready to go then we have to go on to the final accounting too and since no one is in any disagreement with the way the will is set up we have been told that the attonrey could move on much faster, in fact the judge told him to wrap it up within a month and it has been 4 months since then. We do know we can fire the attorney but since we have my disabled sister to care for we are not sure if we want to start from step one again altho my disabled sisters attorney said he could do it for us if we need it done. I guess we will figure it out soon as when I have had enough I will do whatever is necessary to get things done. Thanks for your inquire for mom.
I'm so sorry for your loss and am positive that you'll make the right decision regarding all this. Mom and sis are blessed to have you.

catipper

It was a very difficult road to travel with all that stood in front of myself and my wife but with her help (she handled all the necessary back and forth with SSD and State for disabled sister) we have come thru it, much wiser now of how the system works.
One thing I would stronly advise agaist is putting someone into conservatorship, if at all possible. There are other ways to handle such things and the very first thing that should be done is going to an elder law attorney and having the family work together to make things right.

We hope to see it come to a settlement soon so disabled sister can get what she needs soon altho we did get her settled nicely but a new car is going to be the first thing she gets.

Thank you for your support during the past year with some good advise. Have a great year and enjoy. Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">