• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devant7140

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. Father in law recently died. Husband died prior to father in laws death. Husband was executor. My deceased husband had 2 1/2 brothers who were illegitimate. 1 1/2 brother recently died the other got guardianship of father in law. Since my husband was the only legitimate offspring do my children have more legal rights. Was informed that my child will have to split 50% of the estate. My husbands 1/2 brother has been liquidated much of my father in law estate. Do my sons have legal recourse?

Last edited:

devant7140

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. Father in law recently died. Husband died prior to father in laws death. Husband was executor. My deceased husband had 2 1/2 brothers who were illegitimate. 1 1/2 brother recently died the other got guardianship of father in law. Since my husband was the only legitimate offspring do my children have more legal rights. Was informed that my child will have to split 50% of the estate. My husbands 1/2 brother has been liquidated much of my father in law estate. Do my sons have legal recourse? What is the Ohio law regarding legal heirs vs illegitimate children. ORC is vague. Researched some law and saw that illegitimate child are not entitled to wrongful death benefits. Is there a law in the State of Ohio that supports & potects legal heirs over illegitimate children ?

anteater

A child of the deceased is a child of the deceased.

Has the will been submitted to probate and the surviving son appointed as the personal representative?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">