• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

South Carolina Will Executor Fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

powellbj

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My family is fighting over a will. Does the executor of a will in South Carolina get a percentage of the estate off the top before everthing is distributed? If the executor does not write in a clause that says they will not take a fee for executing the will is it automatically taken out of the estate? Thank you for your help!!!

Ben

anteater

powellbj said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My family is fighting over a will. Does the executor of a will in South Carolina get a percentage of the estate off the top before everthing is distributed? If the executor does not write in a clause that says they will not take a fee for executing the will is it automatically taken out of the estate? Thank you for your help!!!

Ben
I don't know of any state that holds a gun to an executor's head and forces an executor to take an executor's fee. If the executor does not want to take a fee, then he/she simply does not take one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">