• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squbblings - A doozy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anteater

Squibblings - A doozy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

While taking a quick search for another thread, I ran across this case from Iowa. For all of you hoping that the kids will play and work well together when you pass away. It has a bit of everything.

http://statecasefiles.justia.com/documents/iowa/court-of-appeals/0-962-10-1073-(2011-06-29).pdf?ts=1323896625

Co-executor children Randy and Judy. Randy had received an inter vivos gift of $125K that was taken into consideration in father's will. (Father passed away in 2008.)

Prior to Kenneth’s death, Judy claimed that Randy had threatened her on many occasions. After Kenneth’s death, the threats did not stop and Judy presented taped phone messages from Randy which supported the issuance of a restraining order. The tapes and transcript of those phone calls were introduced into evidence, which support Judy’s claim that Randy was threatening to kill her. 4 [a footnote]

4 Some of the more disturbing statements Randy made, in the December 2009 phone messages were: “I’m not going to accept $132,000 without it costing your life. . . You’d better give me money. It’s my inheritance and we can all go on living. Otherwise you’re going to die.”

I like this judge writing the decision - a rather droll sense of humor:

A third sibling, Terry Coulson, was spared the task of being a co-executor and is not a party to this appeal.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">