• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute if limitations in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

age2purrfection

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have 3 deaths I am trying to deal with!!!

1st- My mother died in 1991 in Fl ( no will). I was young raising 5 children and never even thought of probate issues at time. My stepfather got everything needless to say Business Home etc. I did not seek legal advice for money issues. Is there anything we can recover at such a late date? Myself and my Brother?

2nd- My husbands mother passed in July of 2006in FL. There was no will . There is 3 children. Its very complicated I'll to try to make it short - The oldest brother doesnt want anything to do with her estate.He just came back into the picture 3 years ago ( never new his mom or siblings) The ex husband is still living in the house(which is the sisters father). When the mother died we were under the impression that the aunt (sister to mother) was taking care of estate. Well nothing is being done? Or do not know exactly whats been done. We have been told the ex husband has bee going to flea market selling belongings out of home. So my husband is now ready to try to deal with this all. He is having very hard time trying to decide what is right and how to begin. Since I did not deal with my mothers I dont have a clue as where to start to help him.

3rd- My childrens father commited suicide in Nov 2006in Fl. He had filed for disability from SSI in 2000. Which was denied 3 or 4 times. He was in so much pain and had problems that I believe led to his actions. Can the children or current wife stake a claim against SSI.

Im pulling my hair out trying to help everyone !!! Any advice would be so very appreciated as I am on a very low budget cannot afford a lawyer.:confused:

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have 3 deaths I am trying to deal with!!!

1st- My mother died in 1991 in Fl ( no will). I was young raising 5 children and never even thought of probate issues at time. My stepfather got everything needless to say Business Home etc. I did not seek legal advice for money issues. Is there anything we can recover at such a late date? Myself and my Brother?
no

2nd- My husbands mother passed in July of 2006in FL. There was no will . There is 3 children. Its very complicated I'll to try to make it short - The oldest brother doesnt want anything to do with her estate.He just came back into the picture 3 years ago ( never new his mom or siblings) The ex husband is still living in the house(which is the sisters father). When the mother died we were under the impression that the aunt (sister to mother) was taking care of estate. Well nothing is being done? Or do not know exactly whats been done. We have been told the ex husband has bee going to flea market selling belongings out of home. So my husband is now ready to try to deal with this all. He is having very hard time trying to decide what is right and how to begin. Since I did not deal with my mothers I dont have a clue as where to start to help him.
Tell ex to file probate intestate and ask the court to appoint him as executor. From that point he can secure the assets of the estate.
3rd- My childrens father commited suicide in Nov 2006in Fl. He had filed for disability from SSI in 2000. Which was denied 3 or 4 times. He was in so much pain and had problems that I believe led to his actions. Can the children or current wife stake a claim against SSI.
that will require a full review of all facts of his case.
Im pulling my hair out trying to help everyone !!! Any advice would be so very appreciated as I am on a very low budget cannot afford a lawyer.:confused:
If you really want to help everyone, post the following on your answering machine and front door.

"The answer to your question is consult with an attorney."

BelizeBreeze

Thanks for being such a friendly advisor. Have a great life!
You are not an attorney but come here with nothing more than one or two facts and cases which require an exhaustive review of all relevant facts, including financial disclosure, audits and paper trails that date back years. We cannot answer you without access to any of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">