• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stealing from bank account prior to mothers death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Integrity14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My brothers were forging moms checks while she was ill. 4 months later she passed away. Probate has started. Am I obligated to let the executor of the estate know what happened. Would this lost money be part of the estate. If so, would the executor be responsible for looking into the matter. What recourse would he have?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My brothers were forging moms checks while she was ill. 4 months later she passed away. Probate has started. Am I obligated to let the executor of the estate know what happened. Would this lost money be part of the estate. If so, would the executor be responsible for looking into the matter. What recourse would he have?
Was he taking the money solely for his own benefit or was he covering mom's bills?

Dandy Don

How much money are we talking about here? The first person who knew about the forgeries should have contacted the police and filed a report. Are you willing to file charges against this brother or let it go? It is not necessarily the executor's responsibility to do this unless you all want him to. Talk to an attorney to see if your case is winnable and if you have enough valid, sufficient evidence to bring charges and see whether the police/district attorney are willing to even pursue it or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">