• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step grandfathers estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jgarcia1

What is the name of your state?
California
I lived with my stepgrandfather who was legally married to my grandmother for about 6 years after her passing? During the time I was living with him we had an agreement that I would pay for the house bills as part of my rent. Well my grandfather just passed away in May 2006. And in July 2006 his children decided to charge me rent. Well the house is in the process of going into probate. But I would like to know if I have any rights? He left a will but it was not signed. Can I be part of the probate process? I would like to keep his legacy.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state?
California
I lived with my stepgrandfather who was legally married to my grandmother for about 6 years after her passing?
Was he a necrophiliac?
During the time I was living with him we had an agreement that I would pay for the house bills as part of my rent. Well my grandfather just passed away in May 2006. And in July 2006 his children decided to charge me rent. Well the house is in the process of going into probate. But I would like to know if I have any rights?
Not based on the post so far.
He left a will but it was not signed.
Then the will is invalid.
Can I be part of the probate process?
Yes you can, but that's up to the legal heirs.
I would like to keep his legacy.
then purchase the home from the estate.

moburkes

You're his step-grandson, and would like to keep his legacy. Don't you think that his CHILDREN would ALSO like to keep his legacy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">