• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step parent getting involved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cajun1959

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I am a biological father who has had a case filed against me in probate court by a step father regarding the execution of an article in a will from from my mother. The case does not list my child's name or my former wife's name in the action. It is my understanding that a step parent has no legal rights in regards to the affairs of a step child. The step child is also 19 years old. Should this be dismissed?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I am a biological father who has had a case filed against me in probate court by a step father regarding the execution of an article in a will from from my mother. The case does not list my child's name or my former wife's name in the action. It is my understanding that a step parent has no legal rights in regards to the affairs of a step child. The step child is also 19 years old. Should this be dismissed?
Possibly. Did your mother name the step-father trustee to said child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">