• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sudden death, No Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EllensQtip

What is the name of your state? Southern California, My girlfriend died suddenly and had no will. We have been living together for about 6 years. She has Two daughters. She left behind 2 vehicles, not new but I have been financially doing the up keep on the vehicles. One of the daughters borrowed one of the vehicles and refuses to return it. I still owe money to the mechanic on both vehicles. Can the Mechanic put leins on the vehicles? The girls are both irresponsible and won't take care of the vehicles and refuse to pay me for the work. What can I do? and what about her medical bills that just came today for $17,000.00 from the hospital where she died? I would really like to protect her interests until the girls prove that they are responsible adults and will take care of her things? Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! This is all so heart breaking and difficult to deal with her death being so recent.

Help! :(

GaAtty

GAAtty

It seems that your former girlfriend must have a relative somewhere. You should find them, as they need to apply to be administrator of her estate and they can handle lots of this. It seems strange that neither of her daughters is administrator. If they can drive, they must be near the legal age to be administrator. If either is of legal age, one of them should do this. Who knows, maybe it will make them be more responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">