• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue executor or inheritor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

questforhelp

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My ex-husband owes back child support. He will inherit from his mother's estate
either by the will, or not producing a will. He lives in N.C. to avoid apprehension by bench warrants for non-payment of child support. The mother died in S.C.
*Is there a filing to ask the Probate Judge to take out the child support from their father's share of inheritance? Once money is distributed, this man will disappear again, and there will be no chance of finding him.
*Or, can the executor of the will be sued for child support owed to an inheritor?
*Can the family court judge issue a restraining order, or court order, to prevent this man from getting his money until his child support is paid?
*Do I have to use a family court attorney? Can I file a form on my own?
*Can DSS file on my children's behalf?

Thank you...desperate in SC for a lot of support owed and needed!

BelizeBreeze

You file a claim against the estate. If you are on state aid, inform DSS of the probate action. If not, you would be better having an attorney file the claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">