• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summary Administration & Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fladad

What is the name of your state? Florida. Help Please. Divorced Feb 27, 2007, ex wife deceased 25 days later. We have two minor children. Minor children have always lived with me and there was a child support order if it matters. Elder children have requested that I handle the administration of her estate valued at aprox 3500.00. Funeral expenses are 2500. What is the best road to take on this? Also, she left two life insurance policies behind for our eldest son who is 11 yrs old. I have to pay an attorney aprox 2000 to handle the Guardianship? Until this happens the life insurance 40,000 is staying put. Please someone tell me the easiest, least expensive course of action. Thanks

BlondiePB

Help Please. Divorced Feb 27, 2007, ex wife deceased 25 days later. We have two minor children. Minor children have always lived with me and there was a child support order if it matters. Elder children have requested that I handle the administration of her estate valued at aprox 3500.00. Funeral expenses are 2500. What is the best road to take on this?
Pay for the funeral from her estate. You do not require an attorney to probate the estate. You can read about Summary Administration in Estates & Trust at www.flsentate.gov/statutes
Also, she left two life insurance policies behind for our eldest son who is 11 yrs old. I have to pay an attorney aprox 2000 to handle the Guardianship? Until this happens the life insurance 40,000 is staying put. Please someone tell me the easiest, least expensive course of action. Thanks
Due to the fact that this is a simple guardianship (over estate of your son), $2,000.00 is ridiculous. Do/did you have an credit problems, judgements, bankruptcy, felonies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">