• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surety Bonds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Asanford

What is the name of your state? Virginia
My mother passed away and left a will. She left myself as her personal representative. I don't think she knew to put in her will to waive surety bond or no security required. I went to the courts to get Executor and they will not let me be her Executor because the bondsman will not bond because I have bankruptsy on my credit of 6 years ago. My brothers can do this but they also have bankruptsy on their credit. Now we cannot follow the wishes of my mother...that she wanted her children to take care of everything. How do I prove my credibility. It really upsets me something that long ago can have this effect. I just want to pay her bills and get this over with. I can't do this until I am Executor or someone else. What do I do?

BlondiePB

Asanford said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
My mother passed away and left a will. She left myself as her personal representative. I don't think she knew to put in her will to waive surety bond or no security required. I went to the courts to get Executor and they will not let me be her Executor because the bondsman will not bond because I have bankruptsy on my credit of 6 years ago. My brothers can do this but they also have bankruptsy on their credit. Now we cannot follow the wishes of my mother...that she wanted her children to take care of everything. How do I prove my credibility. It really upsets me something that long ago can have this effect. I just want to pay her bills and get this over with. I can't do this until I am Executor or someone else. What do I do?
Find a family member, such as aunt/uncle, who is credit worthy or have a court appointed administrator probate the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">