• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tennessee Holographic Will and Muniment of Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firstkid

Hello again. I'm the only child of my mother's first marriage. I have just received a letter from my half brother's attorney, and a photocopy of my mother's handwritten document titled, "My Will". My mother's "holographic" Will is to be submitted to Probate court next Tuesday as muniment of title to her home. This Will states at the beginning, (her name) and (my half brother's name) are owners of "this home". No address given, or worth, or whether his name is on the home, as joint owner with right of survivorship or otherwise, and it proceeds to say when this home is sold, he is to give my two half sisters (named) $6000 dollars each. I am to receive (no dollar sign) 1000 from a checking account and a box of comic books I had when I was a kid. She also says the three of them are to "work together" on the furniture, with only a curio cabinet named. It is signed by her. I am aware there was also an insurance policy, because I was asked to sign off of it so it could be used for her funeral expenses. I live in Oregon. I never received this policy to sign off on. There is no list of items in her estate other than what I have said here. I have a lawyer here in Oregon who told me this wouldn't "fly" in Oregon, and thinks my half brother is just looking to be executor or administator of the estate. The last time I spoke to my lawyer he was looking for documentation on the house, and was seeking out a lawyer in Tennessee to "send in". Since then he became ill, and although I asked for information through his office, I'm in the dark.

What say you all? I'm exhausted, pained, and feel invisible. Help!!:eek:

BlondiePB

The last time I spoke to my lawyer he was looking for documentation on the house, and was seeking out a lawyer in Tennessee to "send in". Since then he became ill, and although I asked for information through his office, I'm in the dark.
Then, start calling attorneys in TN where probate is to take place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">