• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a time limit for executor to execute will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sherri Bryson

What is the name of your state? CA
My grandmother died July 2002. There are 3 sons left. My uncle is the executor of her will but keeps making excuses about the distribution of it. I don't know if there is any money left after everything but iI do know that my grandmother left me a ring that was supposed to be mine since I was 6 yrs. old. I found out at her funeral that it was in a safe deposit box. Last night I was talking to my dad about what was going on and he said that my uncle was saying that he didn't think that certain people should get what my grandmother had bequeathed them in her will. I didn't know that he could do that. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a time limit on the execution of the will. And also if there is anything I can do to get what she wanted me to have? Thanks for any help. Sherri

Dandy Don

The beneficiaries should get their own attorney to get probate opened up at the county courthouse and the judge can ask executor to produce the will. He has no excuse for stalling.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">