• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title search result question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isis297

What is the name of your state? MD

Sr. Judge, I spoke with my mom again and she noticed something on the title search she hadn't before. It says:

"The fee simple title to the above property is vested in the late (great grandma's name) widow, and a deed recorded in MLP#### page ##. Her late husband (name) predeceased her on or about (date). (Great grandma) is also known as full name. I do not have a dod for great grandma. This property is held savings and excepting a portion conveyed in a deed from (great grandma), widow, to the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore in RHB### page ###. Copies of both deeds are attached."

What does that mean??

seniorjudge

Q: What does that mean??

A: That means the title to the real estate is still in great grandma. That means it will take a court or other curative work to get this mess straightened out. Time for a lawyer.

Last edited:

nextwife

What is the name of your state? MD

Sr. Judge, I spoke with my mom again and she noticed something on the title search she hadn't before. It says:

"The fee simple title to the above property is vested in the late (great grandma's name) widow, and a deed recorded in MLP#### page ##. Her late husband (name) predeceased her on or about (date). (Great grandma) is also known as full name. I do not have a dod for great grandma. This property is held savings and excepting a portion conveyed in a deed from (great grandma), widow, to the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore in RHB### page ###. Copies of both deeds are attached."

What does that mean??
IN addition, it sounds as though a piece of land that was originally included in Great Grandma's vesting deed has since been sold off to Baltimore for whatever reason.

Last edited:

isis297

That's what I'm wondering. If it has been, I don't see how my family was ever made aware. Somebody has been living there all along so at least my aunt should have gotten something in regards to it. If so, I wonder if we could come under homestead principle then.

Sr. Judge, what do you take from that sentence Nextwife highlighted?

Thank you both for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">