• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trustee untrustworthy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cnoend

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

8 years ago my grandfather passed away, his will put his assets into a trust to be distributed to his 4 grandchildren, I being one of them. He appointed his sister (my great aunt) as the trustee for the estate.
The trust was set to be distibuted as half when each of us turned 30 and the other half at 35. It was also set so that the principle did not change and the intrest was to be paid to each of us at least once anually.

First my aunt is in her early 80's.
We have never recieved any accounting or information on the estate, other than the will and an accounting of assets when the will was in probate in Florida.
It has been 2 years since she has sent any type of intrest check.
She fired the estate attorney (which was also listed in the will as her back-up should my aunt be unable to act as trustee)
My grandfathers assets were in 2 states New York and Florida.
I have already turned 30 and was given what she said was the first half, however it was not even half of what I thought it should have been from just the paper work I had recieved 8 years ago from the Florida probate court.
I have called her several times over the past 18 months to ask about intrest monies and she is vulgar with me and usualy hangs up, she has even stated that she feels we are not entitled to the money because she took care of my grandfather through his illness.
My siblings are all having the same problems..... What should we do?

BlondiePB

My siblings are all having the same problems..... What should we do?
Probate cases are public records. Obtain a copy from FL and NY. You and your siblings, together, need your own trust attorney. You most likely may require one in FL and one in NY. There are attorneys that are licensed to practice in multiple states.

You can read FL statutes regarding estates and trusts at this link www.flsenate.gov/statutes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">