• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiver of Accounting/Inventory of Assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trynybor

What is the name of your state?California
My mother passed away 9 months ago and left a will designating my brother to be the executor of the will and all assets to be split 50/50 between me and my brother. Apparently the probate period is almost over and recently I received a document from him called a "Waiver of Accounting" that he wants me to sign and is pressuring me to sign this immediately. What is that document and do you recommend I sign this. Also, how do I know that all assets have been accounted for and what assets she had? I have never received any documents describing any assets, (although I know there are quite a few) and is it required for the executor to provide me with an Inventory of Assets and if so when? Should I sign this "waiver" prior to receiving the Inventory of Assets? How do I get a copy of this Inventory?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">