• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are we nearing the finish line? ~hope hope~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicory

What is the name of your state? MN
My father in laws estate has been in probate for over a year and has been held up for a variety of reasons. I have received the final accounting of his estate but no accounting for the trust. He did have a pour over will. The para legal for the probate attorney called me today to ask for my social secuirty number so she could file a form K-1 beneficiary share of income, could this be an indication that they are getting close to distribution? Every time I ask a question I think I have supplied sufficient info but I always seem to leave out something, so if anymore info is needed I'm more than willing to supply it HaHa

seniorjudge

Q: The para legal for the probate attorney called me today to ask for my social secuirty number so she could file a form K-1 beneficiary share of income, could this be an indication that they are getting close to distribution?

A: You are certainly closer than you were a year ago.

tranquility

While SJ is correct, to the question you asked, no. The asking for your social security number may only be a requirement for a K-1 you will receive from the trust. It may have nothing directly to do with the estate.

chicory

AHHH again with the words of encouragement but knowing that does help me in some odd way...I don't feel so all alone anymore....thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">