• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wardmart

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida.
My father recently passed away. He had lived in Florida over a year, but still had a modest checking account and a mobile home and lot in South Carolina. My sister and I are the sole heirs and we are in complete agreement on the disposition of his belongings. We filed his will in probate court - I am listed as the executor.
Our question is how to go about closing his bank account and transferring his mobile home and lot to our names. We are trying to do this as much as possible on our own to avoid legal fees, but are not sure that can be completely avoided. The county court told us there is a $200 fee to file a petition for summary administration. Is that necessary?
Where do we go from here, trying to minimize expenses and time (we both have busy work schedules and are hoping to do as much as possible by telephone, mail, or e-mail).
Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">