• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do when dad died with no will and step mom lied to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justgottaken

What is the name of your state? Florida

My dad died, he had no will but owns properties in Florida. His wife (my so called step mother) lied to the court, said she was his only heir. I want to nail her to the wall. I was told to go to the court and file a paper against her but I can not remember what it was. She is being so nice, she is having all of her debts from his death forwarded to me! She owes them not me.. Can someone tell me what I need to file with the court in Florida to punish her for lieing to the courts...this was perjury...was it not? What is the name of your state?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Florida

My dad died, he had no will but owns properties in Florida. His wife (my so called step mother) lied to the court, said she was his only heir. I want to nail her to the wall. I was told to go to the court and file a paper against her but I can not remember what it was. She is being so nice, she is having all of her debts from his death forwarded to me! She owes them not me.. Can someone tell me what I need to file with the court in Florida to punish her for lieing to the courts...this was perjury...was it not? What is the name of your state?
Either she's your stepmother or she's not.
This is a legal info site -- we're not interested, at all, in your emotional/anger issues, ok? A judge won't be, either. And if you tell it to your attorney, s/he will merely charge you by the minute -- so you would be best served by handling the issue in an unemotional, legal fashion. Okay?

justgottaken

I asked a legal question....what more am I suppose to do?

Of course I am angry, there is a lot of land and money involved.
Thank you anyway

justgottaken

Either she's your stepmother or she's not.
This is a legal info site -- we're not interested, at all, in your emotional/anger issues, ok? A judge won't be, either. And if you tell it to your attorney, s/he will merely charge you by the minute -- so you would be best served by handling the issue in an unemotional, legal fashion. Okay?
ok..making personal attacks is unprofessional and it is obvious that you did not have a answer and after reading other remarks you have made to other people, you do like making personal attacks and are very unprofessional.
I will take my questions to the real professionals in the real world....
I am out of here****************************case closed

fairisfair

ok..making personal attacks is unprofessional and it is obvious that you did not have a answer and after reading other remarks you have made to other people, you do like making personal attacks and are very unprofessional.
your case is not one that can be solved over the internet. You are correct in your action to take this to a local attorney, one who specializes in estate and probate. Oh, hey, didn't someone say that before???

Silverplum

I told you the truth. Clearly...you can't handle the truth! :D :p ;)

Good day. Thanks for stopping by.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">