• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the longest court deliberation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbean

Georgia. I have been to Probate Court because the executors would not pay me the full bequest expressly stated in the will. We have now been waiting more than 18 months for the judge to rule. Is there a record for this kind of wait? Are there any constitutional or other issues involved with an excessive judicial delay?

tbean

Georgia. I have been to Probate Court because the executors would not pay me the full bequest expressly stated in the will. We have now been waiting more than 18 months for the judge to rule. Is there a record for this kind of wait? Are there any constitutional or other issues involved with an excessive judicial delay?

S

seniorjudge

tbean said:
Q: Is there a record for this kind of wait?

A: I read in the Guinness Book of World records about a lawsuit that lasted 700 years in India.

Q: Are there any constitutional or other issues involved with an excessive judicial delay?

A: Yes, some states have laws that say if a judge hasn't ruled in so many days on particular issues that the judge loses jurisdiction. I can't tell you about your state and your situation; ask you lawyer this question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">