• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who would be the legal person over ones estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eldreth9

What is the name of your state?TN

My stepdad just passed away. Him and my mother were divorced, but still living together. They have been together for 20 years. We know that she would not be the person over his estate, but not sure who would be. He has 5 children (all adults) from 3 previous marriages. One of his children ( the next to youngest one) has put locks on the door of where they were living and are taking everything they had. ( things that they both bought together). She thinks my mother is not entitled to any of the things there, even though they both were living there. All the other children dont care what happens, but my mother would like to know who has the legal standing in his things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">