• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

widowed 2 weeks ago, husband had no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LKKelley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington state

So i have a pretty big issue going on.....i married my late husband july 2008...we began living separately at the end of the following september, we never legally separated or divorced.

I was told by my sister in law last night that my mother in law (whos been on drugs his whole life and whom he wasnt close to at all) only gave her a very small portion of his cremated remains and kept the majority for herself**************..I know he would want his sister to have much more than that since they were very very close.

My question is, how would i go about going through the courts and making her give my sister in law half of my husbands remains like she deserves and like he would want? seeing as from everything ive read id be concidered the executor of his estate in the case of a will not being present.... ?

Last edited:

Dandy Don

This is a civil matter depending on the local law in your area, not technically a probate matter. Talk to a local civil law attorney about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">