• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will challenge!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richard barrie

What is the name of your state? im in London England

My 3 kids were major beneficiaries in a family friends will.the friend died after a 4 week battle against cancer and a brain tumor in a hospital.during this time the executors were changed,1 of which was my brother inlaw, as was the will which eliminated my children from the will.strangely enough the main new beneficiary was someone whom our family friend never got on with and the estates lawyers refuse to send us a copy of the old will and the medical report. we believe that whilst in hospital and under a cocktail of heavy drugs the family friend was pushed/influenced to change her will.The reluctance of the estates lawyers to provide the old will and medical report makes this even more suspicious.Is there any advice out there, has anyone else been involved in this type of case,appreciated in advance RB

BlondiePB

richard barrie said:
What is the name of your state? im in London England

My 3 kids were major beneficiaries in a family friends will.the friend died after a 4 week battle against cancer and a brain tumor in a hospital.during this time the executors were changed,1 of which was my brother inlaw, as was the will which eliminated my children from the will.strangely enough the main new beneficiary was someone whom our family friend never got on with and the estates lawyers refuse to send us a copy of the old will and the medical report. we believe that whilst in hospital and under a cocktail of heavy drugs the family friend was pushed/influenced to change her will.The reluctance of the estates lawyers to provide the old will and medical report makes this even more suspicious.Is there any advice out there, has anyone else been involved in this type of case,appreciated in advance RB
Sorry, as stated at the top of each page, this site is for US Law only.

Dandy Don

Talk to a probate attorney in your local area who has experience in contesting wills. It sounds as if you have a valid case, especially if it can be proven by the medical records on the date the will was signed that the decedent was under influence of medication.

Your attorney can also publish a classified ad to search for the attorney who drafted the older will, if an attorney was used.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

richard barrie

Dandy Don said:
Talk to a probate attorney in your local area who has experience in contesting wills. It sounds as if you have a valid case, especially if it can be proven by the medical records on the date the will was signed that the decedent was under influence of medication.

Your attorney can also publish a classified ad to search for the attorney who drafted the older will, if an attorney was used.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])
DD thanks for your reply,she was under various medication, does this constitute a serious enough case though<for example the lawyer who accepted the new will would have known she was on drugs and we presume deemed her well enough to rewrite her will for her> are there any cases like this which I could research?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">