• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will taking long after mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corgie85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I live in Illinois but the will was in Indiana. mother died over a year ago and the will divided the money up evenly among surviving children and my sister was executor. originally there was supposedly only around $50000 to be split. it only took a couple of months to move it and take care of it. I knew there was more but not sure how to prove it then along comes a letter from a lawyer who said they missed on account that was $87000 and sent paperwork to open it up again last December and according to court records the judge prepared the final letter to the lawyer the first part of April. I have contacted him twice since then and he said they had to sign some paperwork and it was supposedly only a few weeks and would be taken care of. called middle of July and he said it should be taken care of by the first of August. Nothing., I did get a letter from him originally that I could change and get my own attorney but since they did the first part it should be ok. problem is I do not get along with my sister and it's odd that my mother lived with her 8 years to the age of 94 and she didn't know there was $87000 stock that paid dividends at her mail at the end of a lane. Can they drag this out for spite and can I contact the judge who this was assigned to.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep your related questions in the same thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/wills-trusts-estate-planning-113/will-question-598885.html

(Yes, you can open the thread back up)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">