• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will and trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riverbudfriend

What is the name of your state? Ca
I am the executor of my mothers affairs. How long do I have to get things in order? i.e. transfer house per living trust and divie up monies, Insurance policy
etc. etc.
also I was on my mother's checking account . what happens to that money?
She had an Insurance Policy with a benificary that has died.
what about funeral cost?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

riverbudfriend said:
What is the name of your state? Ca
I am the executor of my mothers affairs. How long do I have to get things in order? i.e. transfer house per living trust and divie up monies, Insurance policy
etc. etc.
also I was on my mother's checking account . what happens to that money?
She had an Insurance Policy with a benificary that has died.
what about funeral cost?
What does the trust say about how long you have to do stuff after the death?

If there was no contingent benficiary on the insurance policy, you may have to set up a probate estate to distribute those funds. Talk to the insurance agent.

The funeral parlor should be paid as soon as possible.

The checking account money, unless you were holding it as a trustee, sounds like it is yours.

lwpat

Most probate clerks can give you information on the law in your state even though they cannot give legal advice. Make an appointment to go over your situation. Many places offer classes on being a personal representative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">