• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 years later......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aptno208

I pleaded guilty to trafficing in heroin in 1993 in Florida, I was sentenced as a youthful offender to 4yrs. state prison + 2 years house arrest, however, with good behavior and following all the rules I only spent 1 yrs in state prison ,1yr house arrest and two years probation. I have not once been arrested since. I would like to know if I will ever be able to restore complete civil rights.

JETX

Not all crimes in Florida can be expunged or sealed. In fact, based on your post, your charges are probably included in those that cannot.

More on this can be found at:
http://www.duval.fl.us.landata.com/Criminal/cirFelonyFAQ.asp#seal

Also, the process of expunging a record in Florida is found in statutes §943.0585 (Court-ordered expunction of criminal history records) and §943.059 (Court-ordered sealing of criminal history records).
The statutes can be found at:
http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0943/titl0943.htm

aptno208

I tried looking for an exact answer , but I couldn't find it. Is there anyone out there that is familiar with Florida Law???? Thanks

JETX

aptno208 said:
I tried looking for an exact answer , but I couldn't find it. Is there anyone out there that is familiar with Florida Law???? Thanks
*** Exact answer: your conviction can not be expunged. The only way that your 'civil rights' can be returned is if you get a pardon for your crime(s) from the governor.

aptno208

HomeGuru, I'm a convicted felon,I want back the civil rights that I lost.... ie: voting,purchasing a firearm,etc.

aptno208

Thanks guys...coosi , the info you gave me hit the nail on the head. I have e-mailed the ACLU and Florida Rights Restoration Coalition about my case. Wish me luck!!! Thank You Again!!!!!:D

JETX

Yeah, great help.
You provided a link to a site that repeated what I had already said (pardon required to restore rights), then to some far left website that is HOPING to change the expungement process at some time in the future (which, I predict, will NOT happen).

So, yep, great help.
:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

coosi said:
You're welcome...

My response:

Coosi, I'm recommending you for "early retirement" from FreeAdvice.

a. You're pissing off the Senior Contributors;

b. You're giving links to sites that you're not reading for efficacy;

c. You're giving answers to people that are pissing us off, where we've already said we're not going to answer.

It's as if you don't care whether you're pissing us off.

Perhaps, the truth of the matter is, you don't care. Since that's obviously the case, at least to me, you're not long for this site.

IAAL

JETX

Chants from the masses.....
"Give him the boot....
Give him the boot....
Give him the boot....."

Or I will.
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">