• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 part question on an IL felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cunoodle2

I am a resident of Illinois.

I have two felonys for theft from the same case that happened about 6 years ago. Here is my first question..If I applied for a job in Wisconsin would the felony show up there or is it just in this state?

Secondly I wanted to see exactly what my record looked like so I did a search on 'intelius.com' and 'recordscheck.net' both of which sites came up with 'no record based upon my information.' How reliable are these sites and how can I determine exactly what is on my record?

Thanks again for you help and I hope you have/had a great holidays.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cunoodle2 said:
I am a resident of Illinois.

I have two felonys for theft from the same case that happened about 6 years ago. Here is my first question..If I applied for a job in Wisconsin would the felony show up there or is it just in this state?

Secondly I wanted to see exactly what my record looked like so I did a search on 'intelius.com' and 'recordscheck.net' both of which sites came up with 'no record based upon my information.' How reliable are these sites and how can I determine exactly what is on my record?

Thanks again for you help and I hope you have/had a great holidays.

My response:

How old were you when these crimes were committed?

IAAL

C

cunoodle2

"How old were you when these crimes were committed?"

I was 18 when the crimes were commited and I believe that the court proceedings completed when I was 19. I am going to have to head over to the court house to see if I can get an exact date. Thanks again for your help.

C

cunoodle2

I went to the court house today and asked to view my file and it was in fact there. So I know now that my file is NOT sealed and that it is availabe for public viewing. I am just going to assume then that the places on-line had on out of date database or that I must have keyed in some of my information incorrectly.

What do you think about the first portion of my quesiton "If I applied for a job in Wisconsin would the felony show up there or is it just in this state (IL)?"

I am coming up on graduation from college in 6 months and I am extremely worried about what problems this is going to have on my future. Any advice would be of great help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cunoodle2 said:
I am coming up on graduation from college in 6 months and I am extremely worried about what problems this is going to have on my future. Any advice would be of great help.

======================================

My response:

Well, all I can say is that I hope you're getting your degree in "hamburger flipping" because you pretty much screwed yourself up for any other kind of profession.

IAAL

JETX

"If I applied for a job in Wisconsin would the felony show up there or is it just in this state?"
*** That would depend on how 'deep' the employers background search is.... and how much they are paying for it. Another factor is if the employer knows that you are from out-of-state, they could very easily include that state in their search.

"Secondly I wanted to see exactly what my record looked like so I did a search on 'intelius.com' and 'recordscheck.net' both of which sites came up with 'no record based upon my information.' How reliable are these sites"
*** Usually not very accurate.

"and how can I determine exactly what is on my record?"
*** Already answered by your subsequent post(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">